Get in-service training credit for reading this newsletter!
Enjoy Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
- Name the four factors that research says make it more likely children will achieve positive outcomes in the face of adversity.
- What are “resourced” memories and how do they relate to resilience?
- According to Brené Brown, what can parents do to teach “shame resilience” to their children?
- What can you do to promote positive self-talk in the children you care for?
- Megan Holmes says social media can make it harder for young people to accept and love themselves. What do you do to help the children in your care use social media in a healthy way?
- How does the Foster Care Family Act make it easier for young people in foster care to learn how to drive and obtain a driver license?
- When is SaySo Saturday in 2018? Name three reasons youth in foster care should consider attending.
- Describe a time where you were especially challenged to maintain your resilience as a foster parent. How did you make it through to the other side?
- Which provisions of the Family and Child Protection and Accountability Act (House Bill 630) do you think will most affect you and other foster families?
- What is the theme of National Adoption Month this year?
Bonus: If you haven’t already, go to http://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list.