Vol. 5, No. 2 May 2001
in-service training credit for reading this newsletter!
Now you can enjoy reading Fostering
Perspectives and get in-service credit that can apply toward
your relicensure as a foster parent. First, read this issue, then write
down the answers to the questions in this box. When you're done, present
your answers to your social worker and receive 30 minutes of credit
toward your in-service training requirement.
A word of caution,
however. This method of gaining in-service credit, though it is approved
by the Children's Services Section of the N.C. Division of Social Services,
is new and may not be recognized by your county DSS. If your worker
or her agency has questions about this idea, ask them to contact the
Staff Development Team Leader at the Division at 919/733-7672.
In-service Credit Quiz, FP v5#2
- When and where will next year's
North Carolina Foster Parent Association conference be held?
- How can your foster child use Fostering
Perspectives to make some extra spending money?
- What is the relationship between
suicide and depression?
- Who is the NC LINKS program coordinator
for the N.C. Division of Social Services?
- What are foster parents who attend
"Helping Youths Reach Self-Sufficiency" expected to do when
they return to their home counties?
- How many years were the Corneliuses
foster parents, and how many children did they foster?
- Can newly discovered tax benefits
be claimed retroactively? If so, within what span of time must you
- Who wrote the book, "The Aggressive
- Where did J and K go on their outings
with the Bosemans?
- What experiences enrich Beth O'Malley's
understanding of life books?
2001 Jordan Institute for Families