Vol. 20, No. 2 May 2016
In-Service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
If you are
a North Carolina foster parent you can enjoy reading Fostering Perspectives
and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers
to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your
answers are satisfactory, youll receive 30 minutes of credit toward
your in-service training requirement. If you have questions about this method of
gaining in-service credit, ask your worker.
Quiz, FP v20#2
- According to Judge Carmical, how do resource parents make a positive difference in court?
- Allison Gilliam argues we can make a difference in children's lives by helping them understand what it means to eat healthy. What's been your experience in this area?
- Describe one example from this issue of how resource parent participation helped during a CFT.
- How did Toni Davis help her daughter "turn it around" at school?
- What is Wounded Children, Healing Homes and how does Jeanne Preisler think it might help you?
- Name three ways to respond if someone tells you they could never foster because it would be "too hard."
- What are three potential benefits of shared parenting for resource parents?
- Take five minutes and do one of the three "basic meditations" suggested by Deena Murphy, then briefly explain what it was like.
- This issue describes important new NC laws relevant to foster care. Which of these interests you most, and why?
- What did you find most striking in Megan Holmes' piece on what youth appreciate about foster parents?
- If you haven't already, go to http://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list!
~ Family and Children's Resource Program, UNC-CH School of Social Work ~