Get In-Service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
Enjoy Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
In-Service Quiz, FP v21 n2
- Name three strategies resource parents can use to maintain connections between siblings when they are not placed together.
- What are Dr. Kelly Sullivan’s suggestions for ways resource parents can help children when they are struggling in school?
- What are social connections and why are they important for children and youth in foster care?
- What can resource parents do to reduce the risk that young people in their care will attempt suicide?
- Name three things resource parents can do if their child is being bullied at school.
- According to Withelma Pettigrew, what are some of the things that make youth in foster care more vulnerable to human traffickers?
- What are some of Claudia Kearney’s suggestions for talking with youth in care about healthy relationships and teen dating violence?
- What did Megan Holmes learn when she asked young people about self-care?
- How has a “trauma lens” changed the way Bob DeMarco approaches parenting?
- What are the three words Jeanne Preisler asks resource parents to keep in mind during every interaction with their children?
Bonus: If you haven’t already, go to http://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list.