Get In-Service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
Enjoy Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
In-Service Quiz, FP v21 n1
- Based on Katie Souris’ article, what are some of the challenges and potential rewards of parenting a child with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Describe the “small, simple accommodations” Bob DeMarco and his wife made to help manage their children’s struggles around food and why you think they were successful.
- Name three things you do—or could do—to help children in your home build lifelong habits of healthy eating and exercise.
- Why is it important for children and youth in foster care to have a medical home? What are the benefits?
- What is HPV? Why is the HPV vaccine recommended for girls and boys at age 11 or 12?
- What should a resource parent do to ensure a young person aging out of foster care has health insurance at least until age 26?
- When can a foster parent give consent for medical treatment of a child in foster care?
- Name three things foster parents and caregivers can do to ensure children taking psychotropic medications get the care and the oversight they need.
- For what kinds of medical treatments can a child in foster care give consent without consulting foster parents or the agency?
- If you haven’t already, go to http://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list.