Get In-Service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
Enjoy Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
- How might a trauma history and “felt safety” (or a lack thereof) affect a child/youth’s success in school?
- This issue mentions many resources to help you support child/youth success in school. Name two you wish to explore further.
- What are two of Lisa DeMarco’s suggestions for navigating IEPs?
- What report will the NC Dept. of Health and Human Services use as a “roadmap” for improving our state’s child welfare system?
- What does Anna Morrison advise resource parents to do when a child/youth has or begins to develop a negative “school story”?
- What are “Best Interest Determination” meetings and what do they have to do with reducing school moves?
- Explain what SaySo is and name one significant change it went through in 2018.
- What are some “non-negotiables” in Buncombe County Schools’ trauma-informed Compassionate Schools initiative?
- What is the website address of NC’s newly-reformed statewide foster parent association?
- What’s one free course or resource on fosteringNC.org that interests you, and why?
Bonus: If you haven’t already, go to http://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list.