Get In-Service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
Enjoy Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
- What are North Carolina’s new expectations of agencies regarding recruitment and retention of resource parents?
- Name three ways Sky Webb has helped her agency with recruitment.
- What are three ways agencies can support resource parents, according to Wanda Douglas?
- Having a strong support system is so important to resource parents. Describe a time when you relied on your support system.
- What strikes you about North Carolina’s policy regarding foster parents switching agencies?
- What is a Stay Interview?
- What advice does Becky Burmester have for foster parents who are waiting for a placement?
- Name three people you know who are not currently foster parents who might be interested in fostering.
- What does this issue advise foster parents to tell people when they ask how they can help children through foster care and adoption? Where should you direct them?
- The Family First Prevention Services Act is a significant piece of legislation. What do you think are the three most important changes it makes?
Bonus: If you haven’t already, go to https://eepurl.com/brPe9b and sign up for the Fostering Perspectives email list.