Get In-service Training Credit for Reading this Newsletter!
Enjoy reading Fostering Perspectives and earn credit toward your relicensure. Just write down the answers to the questions below and present them to your licensing social worker. If your answers are satisfactory, you’ll receive 30 minutes of training credit. If you have questions about this method of gaining in-service training credit, ask your worker.
In-Service Quiz, FP v19 n2
- Create a self-care plan listing two things you will do every day to take care of yourself and two things you will do weekly or monthly.
- What is secondary traumatic stress? How is it relevant to resource parents?
- Describe three signs of possible secondary traumatic stress you might see in your social worker.
- What struck you about reading Bob DeMarco’s reflection about his ongoing journey as a foster dad?
- If you were to call a self-care CFT, who would you invite?
- List four talking points that can be helpful when you are caring for a child whose parents struggle with drugs or alcohol.
- What suggestions did Donna Foster have for introducing yourself to a birth parent for the first time?
- What is SaySo Survivor Weekend and how can it be helpful to youth in foster care?
- What advice does this issue give to foster parents who are thinking about switching to another agency?
- What struck you from reading the essays by Mark Maxwell and his son Justin?